Work Permits

Parents' Guide to Google Classroom - CLICK HERE

Oprime Aqui Para Recursos en Español

Please hover over "Our District"

            then select "Coronavirus Information/Updates" 

Work Permits

Norwalk City School District
Hours: 7:30am – 4:00pm
134 Benedict Ave.
Norwalk, OH 44857

Work Permits for Minors

To obtain a minor work permit, students/minors should use a pre-application form (link is below) to gather the necessary information and approvals from their potential employer, their parents or legal guardian, and their building principal. A current (one year old or newer) physical is also needed (link is below). The work permit is then issued at the Norwalk High School, based on the information on the form.  An official birth certificate is also required to obtain the work permit.
Anyone (student, employer, or school personnel), may print a copy of the form to begin the process of obtaining a work permit. In addition, the Physician's Certificate can be printed out for those minors that are required to take a physical for employment purposes. The form is in PDF format.
Application for Minor Work Permit and Physician's Certificate

Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for those documents listed as PDF files. If your computer does not have Acrobat Reader, you can download a version suitable for your system, free of charge, from the Adobe Acrobat Page.
Once your forms are completed, take them to the main office at Norwalk High School, along with your official birth certificate to be processed.
Questions?  Please contact Becky Chapin at 419-660-6500 or email her at or, go to
View text-based website