Tech Roundup for Nov. 31 - Dec. 11, 2015
NCSD Technology Department will be posting policies and strategies on the district's Intranet sometime in January. Those policies include:
Norwalk City School District Technology New Purchase and Replacement Strategy
Norwalk City School District Technology Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Norwalk City School District Technology Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
When I turn on my Chromebook the screen is blank.
This is not an uncommon problem and is usually a sign that the Chromebook hasn't been restarted in a long period of time.
Follow the directions below to resolve the problem.
These steps should resolve the problem.
- Unplug the Chromebook and let the battery completely drain.
- After draining the battery, plug the Chromebook back in and turn it on.
- This should start the Chromebook up.
- Shut the Chromebook down, make sure you leave it plugged in, and let it charge for 10 minutes.
- Pull the charging plug out of the back of the Chromebook, and start the Chromebook up.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the subject line.
- A brief description of the problem (one sentence or less).
- Name of the person making the request.
- Name of the building and room number.
- A long description may be added to the body of the message.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Intranet launch date has been moved back until after the Christmas break (January 4th).