Tech Roundup Sept. 21 - 25, 2015
Over the Summer 2015
Over this past summer we were extremely busy with projects all over the district. Take a look at some of the projects we tackled.
- Complete update of our Cisco phone services. This includes all new servers and software updates . Former student Tommy Schlotterer was extremely helpful assisting with this major project.
- Deployment and configuration of 150 Chromebooks and 40 Chromebases.
- Removal of 120 Windows XP machines (Windows XP machines needed to be removed per an our audit in the Fall 2014).
- Moved all H: drives to a central location at NHS. This enables us to keep H: drives accessible in case of a server crash at other buildings.
- Deployment of over 350 laptops for the 1:1 program and teachers throughout the district.
- Deployment of approximately 50 desktop units for lab or staff purposes.
- Built and update servers within the district.
- Added additional security for virus and malware protection.
- Moodle upgrade.
NTV - Norwalk Trucker News
NTV goes on-demand. In conjuction with Mrs. Macfarland's media class, we would like to introduce on-demand video announcements.
Look for live streaming announcements in the near future.
On-demand announcements can be viewed at http://truckertube.norwalktruckers.net:8081/categories/ntv-announcements or by going to www.norwalktruckers.net > Schools > Norwalk High School > Daily Announcements > On-Demand Daily Announcements> click the link on the page.
Documentation Web Page
We recently started a documentation page located on the districts technology site. Go to District Offices > Technology and navigate to the left where you'll find the page. If you have any suggestions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2015