Tech Roundup for Nov. 31 - Dec. 11, 2015
NCSD Technology Department will be posting policies and strategies on the district's Intranet sometime in January. Those policies include:
Norwalk City School District Technology New Purchase and Replacement Strategy
Norwalk City School District Technology Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Norwalk City School District Technology Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
When I turn on my Chromebook the screen is blank.
This is not an uncommon problem and is usually a sign that the Chromebook hasn't been restarted in a long period of time.
Follow the directions below to resolve the problem.
These steps should resolve the problem.
- Unplug the Chromebook and let the battery completely drain.
- After draining the battery, plug the Chromebook back in and turn it on.
- This should start the Chromebook up.
- Shut the Chromebook down, make sure you leave it plugged in, and let it charge for 10 minutes.
- Pull the charging plug out of the back of the Chromebook, and start the Chromebook up.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the subject line.
- A brief description of the problem (one sentence or less).
- Name of the person making the request.
- Name of the building and room number.
- A long description may be added to the body of the message.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Intranet launch date has been moved back until after the Christmas break (January 4th).
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015