ADVERTISING IN THE SCHOOLS
Notices, advertisements or written matter of any nature on behalf of persons or organizations not officially connected with the District (hereinafter collectively “advertisements”) shall not be distributed or displayed in any school building or on District property without permission of the Superintendent. All advertisements, including those by personnel, shall be approved by the building principal and, in case of doubt, by the Superintendent. No advertisement shall be permitted which is inconsistent with the District’s educational mission. Appeal of the Superintendent’s decision may be made to the Board.
The Board may grant naming rights to any District property or facility to a person, private company, or other entity, in recognition of significant positive contributions made to the District or community, or in consideration of financial or other contributions to the District.
The award of naming rights in consideration of financial or other contributions to the District shall be subject to the terms and conditions of a written agreement between the Board and the person, private company or other entity granted such naming rights. Any such agreement shall be subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Naming rights may not be transferred or assigned without the express written consent of the Board;
2. The name assigned to a District property or facility must receive the prior approval of the Board;
3. The name assigned to a District property of facility must not be inconsistent with the District’s educational mission;
4. The name assigned to a District property of facility shall not refer to alcohol nicotine/tobacco, controlled substances, weapons, or adult entertainment or products;
5. Any signage or other display presenting the name of the relevant property or facility must receive the prior approval of the Superintendent, who shall determine compliance with this board policy;
6. An agreement for naming right shall not prohibit the Board from awarding naming rights of another District facility or property to another person, private company, or other entity;
7. The award of naming rights shall in no way limit the Board’s right to the management or control of such property or facility or the activities which will occur there;
8. Naming rights may be unilaterally terminated by the Board upon a determination by the Board that the other party has engaged in a serious act of misconduct, dishonesty, theft, misappropriation, moral turpitude, or similar act of impropriety which reflects poorly on the District through its association with such party or the brand or product advertised through use of the naming rights.
[Adoption date: October 8, 1996]
[Re-adoption date: August 15, 2006]
[Re-adoption date: June 20, 2019]